PRINCIPAL PARTNER (FINANCE & CORPORATE RESOURCES )
35years of Banking Experience in General Administration, Banking/Exchange Control Operations; Agricultural Finance and Banking Supervision Departments all in Central Bank of Nigeria (1973 – 2008).
- Director and Proprietor of Innovative International Schools – one of the best secondary schools in Nasarawa State and its environs (Day & Boarding) established since 2002 – to date.
- Executive Director, Operations at the Nigeria Universal Bank Ltd., appointed by the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) to restructure the Bank.
- Coordinated the Banking Consolidation Exercise as Chairman in the Banking Supervision Department in 2005/2006 whereby 79 banks were reduced to 25.
- Participated as a member of Nigerian Delegation, in the meetings of the international Cocoa Association (ICCO) in London and Geneva between 1992 & 1993
Under Administration Department:
- Leasing of Premises for the Bank
- Procurement of Household Items for the Premises
- Processing the leasing fees and Rents & Rates e.t.c.
Trade & Exchange/Exchange Control Department:
- Processing of forms A & M for students and Exports/Imports
- Processing of applications for gratuities, final balances and home remittance e.t.c. for expatriates.
Agricultural Finance Department:
- Activities associated with the Financing of the defunct commodity boards
- Processing of applications from banks for the refinancing and rediscounting facilities (RRF) and the ADB/ESL (Export Stimulation Loan) Now under the Nigeria Export/Import (NEXIM). Scheme Fund (Agric Credit Guarantee Fund)
- Introduction of an acceptable accounting system for the operation of the Agric Credit Guarantee Fund Nationwide.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DATES
- Commonwealth University Belize, Central America M.Ed 2016
- University of Abuja – Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB) 2006
- Nigerian Law School – Barrister at Law (BL) 2010
- Nigeria Teachers Institutes – PGDE 2014
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria A.C.A 1993
- Yaba College of Technology Lagos – OND Accounting 1974 -1977
- Chartered Institute of Bankers, London – A.C.I.B 1975 – 1978
- Eko Boys High School, Lagos - WASC 1968 – 1972
COURSES ATTENDED: (In Nigeria)
1. Bank Examiners Courses 1995 – 1996
2. Senior Management 1987
3. Financial Management 1986
4. Loans Administration Seminar (Organized by ADB Group) 1988
5. Information Technology 1995
6. Foreign & Banking Operations
7. Investment Operations 1984
8. Chairmen & Chief Executives of Banks Course (Organized by the C.I.B.N.)
9. Other courses and seminars organized by the C.I.B.N and ICAN e.t.c.
COURSES ATTENDED: (Outside Nigeria)
A. Bank Restructuring through regulation and supervision (organized by Intrados International Management Group in the United States of America (November, 1995).
B. International Finance and Strategic Management (Contemporary Corporate Strategy money and Capital Markets and International trade – 10th – 21st December, 2007 in London.
C. Toronto International Leadership Center for Financial Sector Supervision Canada – August, 2001.
D. National Workshop on the Development of the Nigerian Financial Services Coordinated by (Financial Services Regulation Coordinating Committee (FSRCC) – April, 2005.
E. International Symposium on Economic Crimes at Jesus College, Cambridge University, London September, 2003.
F. Macro – Economic & Financial Policies and Programme Crown Agents, London – 2004.
G. Risk Management by R/PA international Training Center, London.
H. Bank Examiners Course (School Four (4) at (FDIC) in United States.
PUBLICATIONS & RESEARCH ACTIVITIES:
- Banking Consolidation in Nigeria: The journey so far.
- Guidelines on Mergers and Acquisition and Consolidation in the Nigerian Banking System.
- Other articles on Banking Education and Allied Issues published in the National Dailies.